Friday, June 19, 2009

Holy smokes! When did I become a vintage article?

Back in 2001, I started selling antiques and collectibles on eBay. It really started out by accident; I had some Star Trek china and some old Johnson Brothers mugs, and I thought I'd see what happened when I put them on eBay.

They went like gangbusters, and I was hooked. I started working as a runner at an auction so I could learn more about what I was selling, and eventually ended up buying a 5x8 cargo trailer to hold my inventory.

But when I hit 50, it suddenly dawned on me that I'm as old as some of what I'm selling as vintage! When the heck did that happen?

More and more, the items that sell are things I grew up using. I guess that makes me at least vintage, if not an antique!

Well, it's still fun. I find lots of junk, some stuff worth selling, and a very few treasures. Come along and see..........

No comments:

Post a Comment